Re: [Xen-devel] Xen release cycle revisited

>>> On 14.12.17 at 12:38, <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Next try:
>
> 2. Should we have released 4.10 without those late security patches,
>    resulting in the need for 4.10.1 at once?

We don't make point releases just for security issues on other
branches - why would we do so right after a .0 release? We
really have to decide whether delaying is worthwhile, or whether
releasing on time with known (security) flaws is the better option.
I know which of the two I would always choose (and hence I'm
happy we've waited with 4.10).

Jan