Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Device Subtree Change from Traditional to Upstream

Ok. I was curious because the latest PV drivers contain a hack (that was
actually suggested by someone at Microsoft) to make sure that (as far as the
Windows PnP subsystem is concerned) the Xen platform device never moves once
the XENBUS driver has been installed. This is done by installing a filter
driver onto Windows' PCI bus driver that spots the platform device and
re-writes the trailing 'uniquifier' to be exactly what it was at the time of
driver installation.
So, if you update your VMs to use newer PV drivers first, then you should be
immune to the platform device moving on the bus.

Cheers,

  Paul