Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.11 Development Update

>>> On 05.01.18 at 10:16, <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> === x86 ===
>
> *  Enable Memory Bandwidth Allocation in Xen (v10)
>   -  XEN-48
>   -  Yi Sun
>
> *  guest resource mapping (v17)
>   -  Paul Durrant
>
> *  vNVDIMM support for HVM guest (RFC v4)
>   -  XEN-45
>   -  Haozhong Zhang
>
> *  SMMUv3 driver (RFC v4)
>   -  Sameer Goel

I don't think this is x86, but ARM.

I think the PV-shim and per-CPU/L4-shadowing work would now
also belong on this list.

Another x86 item are the emulator additions to support post-AVX
insns and some other, earlier ones we don't have support for
yet. The main parts of that series have now been pending review
for over half a year, I think. I do realize that the recently
published news have had a meaningful impact on the bandwidth
available for review here, but to be honest I'm not very positive
that the situation would be much different if those issues hadn't
been there. Once I get into the position to do the AVX512 work,
I don't even want to think of how long its review may then take.

I don't think it is the right time to propose a (perhaps somewhat
radical/controversial) solution to this, but once things have
calmed down, I think I will have to do so. Otoh those recent
events may mean that not much other development work will be
possible to be completed anyway by mid of March.

Jan