Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.11 Development Update

On 05/01/18 10:32, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> === x86 ===
>>
>> *  Enable Memory Bandwidth Allocation in Xen (v10)
>>   -  XEN-48
>>   -  Yi Sun
>>
>> *  guest resource mapping (v17)
>>   -  Paul Durrant
>>
>> *  vNVDIMM support for HVM guest (RFC v4)
>>   -  XEN-45
>>   -  Haozhong Zhang
>>
>> *  SMMUv3 driver (RFC v4)
>>   -  Sameer Goel
>
> I don't think this is x86, but ARM.

Right, that was just an error in my script for generating the mail.

> I think the PV-shim and per-CPU/L4-shadowing work would now
> also belong on this list.

Yep.

> Another x86 item are the emulator additions to support post-AVX
> insns and some other, earlier ones we don't have support for
> yet. The main parts of that series have now been pending review
> for over half a year, I think. I do realize that the recently
> published news have had a meaningful impact on the bandwidth
> available for review here, but to be honest I'm not very positive
> that the situation would be much different if those issues hadn't
> been there. Once I get into the position to do the AVX512 work,
> I don't even want to think of how long its review may then take.

Can I add you for being responsible?

> I don't think it is the right time to propose a (perhaps somewhat
> radical/controversial) solution to this, but once things have
> calmed down, I think I will have to do so. Otoh those recent
> events may mean that not much other development work will be
> possible to be completed anyway by mid of March.

Why don't you post your proposal now? Even if the discussion will
be a bit slower due to current activities maybe the additional time
to think about your idea could help.

Thanks for the notes,

Juergen