Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as 4.10.1

Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as
4.10.1"):
> What I mean by this is
> that, if we agree to go along this route, patches should be committed to
> staging then immediately cherrypicked to staging-4.10, rather than
> committed to staging-4.10 directly. This ensures that we don't
> accidentally miss functionality in the mainline.

I don't think we are in any danger of "accidentally missing
functionality in the mainline".  If that is a concern, we could close
staging..  We could also attempt to git merge staging-4.10 into
staging or simply git rebase everything after we start on this
approach.

And as my other mail suggests, I don't think we should allow this work
to be blocked by outstanding reviewed.  IMO we should ship what we
have ASAP.

Ian.