Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal v2: Publish Amazon's verison now, Citrix's version soon [and 1 more messages]

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: Radical proposal v2: Publish Amazon's verison now,
Citrix's version soon"):
> There are a couple of instances of "a branch", and I'm not really
> clear on which one that would be, yet in part my opinion depends
> on that, as this will affect what state certain branches will be in
> for subsequent work. As I agree with the PVH shim being the
> better baseline for work going forward, in particular I wouldn't like
> to see the Vixen series becoming the base of any branch going to
> be maintained going forward.

Anthony Liguori writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal v2: Publish Amazon's
verison now, Citrix's version soon"):
> What I would suggest is the following:
> 1) Merge Vixen into staging
> 2) Backport Vixen into stable-4.10 and cut a release

We do not have time any longer (if we had time to start with) to
reconcile these divergent views.

Hence George's suggestion, which bypasses the problem.  By "a branch"
we mean some git branch on xenbits which is not any of our usual git
branches, and which we expect to die fairly soon.

Jan, I suggest

   https://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/xen.git
     refs/heads/4.10.meltdown.vixen
     refs/tags/4.10.meltdown.vixen.1   (signed by usual key)

If we can't agree to that[1] then I intend the following:

   https://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/people/iwj/xen.git
     refs/heads/meltdown/4.10.meltdown.vixen
     refs/tags/4.10.meltdown.vixen.1   (signed by me personally)

[1] I am happy to accept any reasonable counterproposal for the exact
branch and tag names.

Separately, I would like to say that this branch will receive security
support from the Xen Project Security Team, but that security support
will be withdrawn at no less than 2 months' notice when a final
solution is availabler.

If anyone objects to that then we can go ahead with sending out
information ASAP and argue about security support status later.

Ian.