[Xen-devel] Trying out vixen: vif-route issue

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:26:36PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Parsing config from /etc/xen/debtest1-with-shim.conf
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route add [31567] exited with error status 1
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1225:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route failed; error detected.
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1461:domcreate_attach_devices: unable to add nic
> devices
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route remove [31751] exited with error status 1
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1225:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route failed; error detected.

I seem to have got it working. The vif-route thing was this:

https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2015-08/msg00005.html

i.e. /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route in HVM mode is *still* being called
with both "online" and "add", and fails with the latter, leading to
"unable to add nic devices". I used Martti's suggested workaround
and things seem to work now.

In dom0 I have an extra v-debtest-emu interface that is shutdown.
What is that for? Do I need it? If not, can it be gotten rid of
somehow? It can't be doing too much if it's shutdown with no
addresses on it.

There is something odd going on with my pvgrub2 kernel which was
compiled with a ram disk. The first thing that happens is I get:

error: file `/ramdisk' not found.

Press any key to continue...

Then I can either press a key or else wait about 5 seconds, either
way pvgrub2 continues to boot, presents the menu I put in its ram
disk and the options correctly chain to whatever they are meant to
(only tested grub2 inside guest so far). The /ramdisk message
doesn't appear in PV mode so I don't know what that is about yet.

qemu process still hangs around after guest is shut down.

Cheers,
Andy