[Xen-devel] [Xen EFI] Impossible to limit the dom0 memory

Hi,

I have configured Xen to boot directly from EFI (with `efibootmgr`).

As explained on the Xen_EFI wiki page, I have added a line "options=" into my file "/boot/efi/EFI/xen/xen.cfg" :

```
# cat /boot/efi/EFI/xen/xen.cfg :
[global]
default=xen

[xen]
options=dom0_mem=1G,max:1G
kernel=vmlinuz root=/dev/md2 ro rootdelay=10 noquiet nosplash
ramdisk=initrd.img
```

With the line `options=dom0_mem=1G,max:1G` the server reboot infinitely.
Without the line `options=dom0_mem=1G,max:1G`, the server boot correctly, but obviously, the dom0 memory is in ballooning mode.

I have attached a screen shot of the boot lines with the last lines I can see before the reboot. Unfortunately, I have nothing in kern.log.

1. Do you know what happens ?
2. Do you need some logs ?

Regards,

Guillaume

Links :
- https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Best_Practices#Xen_dom0_dedicated_memory_and_preventing_dom0_memory_ballooning
- https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.8-testing/misc/xen-command-line.html
- https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_EFI

```
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
microcode       : 0x5e
flags : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mca cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor est ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch epb fsgsbase bmi1 hle avx2 bmi2 erms rtm rdseed adx clflushopt xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 dtherm ida arat pln pts hwp hwp_notify hwp_act_window hwp_epp

# xl info
release                : 4.9.0-5-amd64
version                : #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04)
xen_version            : 4.8.3-pre

# cat /etc/debian_version
9.3
```