[Xen-devel] test lab: laxton power cycle time changed to 30s

For our records.

14:41 <julieng> Diziet: How long do we wait in off state when hard cycling the
                box in the colo?
14:42 <Diziet> I think the default is quite short but there's a per-host
               override.
14:43 <Diziet> Default is 5s.  Some hosts have more.
14:44 <julieng> Diziet: For softiron: Even though the firmware is still
                susceptible to self-bricking, we identified what activities
                cause it the most and can provide some input on avoiding that.
                (avoid using ipmi for power cycling, and when hard cycling wait
                at least 30s in off state)
14:44 <Diziet> It's normally easy to tell if it's too short: the host survives
               the attempt to power cycle, but manual off and then manual on
14:43 <Diziet> Default is 5s.  Some hosts have more.
14:44 <julieng> Diziet: For softiron: Even though the firmware is still
                susceptible to self-bricking, we identified what activities
                cause it the most and can provide some input on avoiding that.
                (avoid using ipmi for power cycling, and when hard cycling wait
                at least 30s in off state)
14:44 <Diziet> It's normally easy to tell if it's too short: the host survives
               the attempt to power cycle, but manual off and then manual on
               reboots it.
14:44 <julieng> Diziet: In a thread discussion within Arm.
14:44 <Diziet> wait at least 30s> I can totally do that.
14:45 <Diziet> julieng: Now done.
14:45 <julieng> Diziet: Thank you! Hopefully laxton1 will stay alive longer :)
14:45 <Diziet> Yes...