Re: [Xen-devel] Compatible string for psci node: v1.0?

On 01/02/18 19:00, Mirela Simonovic wrote:
Hi,

Hi Mirela,

I'm working on switching to PSCI v1.0 in Xen (needed to support suspend  > to
RAM).

I am about to send a series to add support for PSCI 1.1 (I need it for the spectre mitigation). I can send you a temporary branch if you want to see whether I missed anything.

In addition to updates in PSCI implementation, we assumed that compatible property in psci device tree node should be extended with "arm,psci-1.0" (not a must since this doesn't affect Dom0's functionality today, but I would add it if possible).

Could you please let me know how to add "arm,psci-1.0" to compatible property?

I assumed that in domain_build.c in make_psci_node() function I need to add "arm,psci-1.0""\0" at the beginning of 'compat' string (although I don't understand the "\0"). That doesn't seem to work. Only "arm,psci-1.0" ends up in compatible property and we need strings for older versions as well. I also noticed that even "arm,psci" doesn't appear to be added into the compatible property (without any code modifications from my side). I checked what is generated by debugging and by 'cat' on /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/psci/compatible from Dom0's console.

From the DT specification, each compatible string should be separated by '\0'. Doing a hexdump -C in the hardware domain I can see that both arm,psci and arm,psci-0.2 are present on latest Xen. So I am not sure why it would not be present on your side.

BTW, if you use printk, only the first compatible will be printed (printk stop at the '\0').

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall