Re: [Xen-devel] RTDS with extra time issue

On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 17:03 +0200, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> > If DomR is not able to get its share, then we have an issue/bug in
> > the
> > scheduler. If it does, then the scheduler is doing its job, and the
> > issue may be somewhere else (e.g., something inside the guest may
> > eat
> > some of the budget, in such a way that not all of it is available
> > when
> > you actually need it).
>
> The DomR guest is really lean, I already shown processes list in it.
> really doubt init together with getty on HVC can eat another 10% of
> CPU
> at any moment.

So, I'm a little bit in a hurry now, and I'll reply better later (or on
Monday). But for now, just to understand things better, can you enable
extratime for DomR as well, and report what you see in xentop, and
whether or not you still see deadline misses?

Regards,
Dario