Re: [Xen-devel] PV guest with PCI passthrough crash on Xen 4.8.3 inside KVM when booted through OVMF

On 19/02/18 18:29, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 06:23:40PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
>> On 16/02/18 20:54, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
>>> Just before the BUG(), there is a call to xen_raw_console_write(). But
>>> apparently it was too early...
>>
>> Depends.
>>
>> With a debug enabled hypervisor and appropriate log levels set
>> (guest_loglvl=all) you should see the message in the hypervisor log.
>
> I've tried with guest_loglvl=all, but there was nothing. Wouldn't it
> make sense to enable this functionality also in non-debug builds - only
> guarded by guest_loglvl=all option?

Hmm, I think this is on purpose to avoid the possibility of a guest
flooding the hypervisor log.

Maybe adding a new option (e.g. guest_messages=on/off) switchable at
runtime only via "xl set-parameters" would avoid the general flooding
problem while enabling diagnosis of such problems?

Juergen