Re: [Xen-devel] PVH backports to 4.9 and 4.8

>> > I'd be in favor of merging the 4.8.3pre-shim-comet and
>> > 4.10.0-shim-comet branches into staging-4.8 and staging-4.10
>> > respectively (assuming that's suitable).  Are there any other fixes to
>> > PVH / PVshim hosting that we'd need to backport as well?
>>
>> That depends on how well those branches have been maintained
>> wrt fixes posted / applied during the last couple of weeks.
>>

> I can cherry-pick relevant fixes to 4.10-comet and then merge 4.10-comet
> with 4.10 staging.

Fine with me.

> If that's agreed we can discuss on what criteria do patches get picked
> for backporting.

Until we've shipped a stable version from those branches (to be honest
I'm not sure about doing this for 4.8 when we don#t mean to do it for
4.9), I think this can be a little relaxed. Later the criteria should match
that of other changes going into stable.

Jan