Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Only one CPU available to Xen? (nr_cpus : 1)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Cooper
<andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Upgrade Grub to 2.02.
>
> The problem here is that Grub is starting EFI, but doesn't pass the EFI
> details to Xen, and Xen therefore cannot locate the RSDP.

I think my Ubuntu 17.10 system is already using GRUB 2.02, at least
this is how it looks like from the packages which are installed (dpkg
-l|grep grub):

ii  grub-common                          2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader
(common files)
ii  grub-efi-amd64                       2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader,
version 2 (EFI-AMD64 version)
ii  grub-efi-amd64-bin                   2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader,
version 2 (EFI-AMD64 binaries)
ii  grub-efi-amd64-signed                1.85.2+2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader,
version 2 (EFI-AMD64 version, signed)
ii  grub-xen-bin                         2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader,
version 2 (Xen binaries)
ii  grub-xen-host                        2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader,
version 2 (Xen host version)
ii  grub2-common                         2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7.2
                             amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader
(common files for version 2)

> Alternatively, switch back to legacy boot, at which point it will all
> start working again.

This is unfortunately not possible. This is a new server which does
not offer legacy boot any more, it's 100% UEFI.