Re: [Xen-devel] Sunseting mercurial

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 04:35:40AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Its been officially 5+ years since Xen has moved to git so I propose we
> > start thinking about when to retire the mercurial mirrors. At this point
> > the last stable version to be tracked in mercurial is 4.4 which is long
> > out of any form of support. I know some vendors still have support for
> > versions of Xen down to 4.1 but let's be realistic, there's not a flurry
> > of development happening in those old versions. The mercurial mirror is
> > often out of date (I know someone that's tried to use it) and in fact as

Cardoe, if you mean "often out of date", that's true, but only by 10min
(which is the frequency at which a cron run).

> > of this email its several weeks out of date.

I'm guessing it's out of date just because I didn't thought of checking
if it was working after the recent server update. I only check every 2
months. I'm going to fix the script now.

> > So maybe its time we start thinking about sunsetting the mercurial
> > mirrors and use those resources for more practical uses.
>
> This was brought up before, and I continue to agree _as long_ as
> our web representation of the tree gains something similar to
> hg's "annotate" functionality. Without that I find it quite hard to
> locate commits most recently changing a line or an area of code.
> Of course aiui this can be done from the command line, but only if
> one happens to have a repo on the particular machine (which for
> example I don't have or intend to have at home).
>
> Speaking of mercurial, Anthony, wasn't it you who looks after the
> git -> hg mirroring? The unstable.hg branch didn't get updated
> after the last push from staging to master. Could you please see
> if this can be rectified (assuming that my memory didn't fail me in
> the first place, and it was someone else)?

Yes, that me that looks after it. I'll fix the mirror.

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD