Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 4/4] HACK libxl_exec: Check QEMU status via QMP instead of xenstore

Anthony PERARD writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 4/4] HACK libxl_exec: Check QEMU
status via QMP instead of xenstore"):
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 02:43:22PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Right, but doesn't one still have to poll on connect() ?
>
> Yes, we need to poll on connect().
>
> libvirt those it also to open the socket:
> https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=src/qemu/qemu_monitor.c;h=e169553b7e1781da307ddb0be23fed5540baf36c;hb=HEAD#l375

Urgh.  Maybe we could fix this in qemu, or do some kind of hack.

For example, maybe we could instruct qemu to open some file or other,
which is actually a pipe.  If it would happen late enought (after the
qmp socket is set up).

Or we could add something to the Xen machine, eg which listens to an
env var and closes an fd.

Ian.