Re: [Xen-devel] Upping gcc requirement for x86

>>> On 29.03.18 at 17:45, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Seabios has bumped their requirement to 4.6 (released 7 years ago). We
> either need to bump our too or have a separate entry for seabios.

Ideally we would then come to common grounds with what the ARM
folks demand. I don't think we should have minimal requirements
imposed on ourselves by foreign projects we rely upon. And then I'm
pretty sure upstream qemu (just to give an example) doesn't care at
all about older gcc, yet also doesn't say what their minimum
requirement is.

Jan