Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with Xen 4.7.5

On 2018-04-05 03:22, Ian Jackson wrote:

We have discovered a bug in Xen 4.7.5 (related to shadow paging).
This bug is a new regression compared to 4.7.4 and does not affect
other Xen releases.

We are investigating the problem.  For now, we recommend that users of
4.7.x do not upgrade to 4.7.5.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi Ian,

I'm wondering if the severity of this is high enough that I should withdraw the 4.7.5 packages from my repos.

Is this a show-stopper? Security issue? Dom0 crash?

I released 4.7.5 packages within an hour of the 4.7.5 release announcement - so there are quite a few user systems that have already grabbed them.

--
Steven Haigh

? netwiz@xxxxxxxxx     ? http://www.crc.id.au
? +61 (3) 9001 6090    ? 0412 935 897