Re: [Xen-devel] 4.11.0 RC1 panic

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:42:42PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Without line numbers associated with at least the top stack trace entry
> > I can only guess what it might be - could you give the patch below a try?
> > (This may not be the final patch, as I'm afraid there may be some race
> > here, but I'd have to work this out later.)
>
> Yes, this works. thanks !
> I'll now put this version on the NetBSD testbed I'm running.
> This should put some pressure on it.

Running NetBSD tests in several guests I got:
(XEN)
(XEN) Panic on CPU 1:
(XEN) Assertion 'oc > 0' failed at mm.c:628
(see attached file for complete report).

I got similar panics on Xen 4.8 after patching for meltdown
(XSA-254).
I'll try the patch from XSA-259

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>