Re: [Xen-devel] migration regression in xen-4.11 and qemu-2.11 and qcow2

On Wed, 9 May 2018, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Tue, 8 May 2018 18:40:26 +0200
> schrieb Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > It looks like the IDE unplug is not permanent.
>
> Stefano,
>
> Jochen pointed me to commit 512b109ec962 ("xen: unplug the emulated devices
> at resume time"), which I think is wrong. The kernel will most likely not be
> able to switch from a PV backed device to an emulated device. Not sure what
> issue could have been addressed by that commit. What should have been done
> instead is to transfer the unplug state from one qemu to the other. Please
> advice how to do that. Right now, with xen-4.10, all xenlinux based HVM domUs
> can not be migrated anymore. With the upcoming xen-4.11 the migrated domU
> will need to be killed.

Hi Olaf,

Please use my kernel.org email address and CC Anthony Perard for
anything related QEMU.

I cannot find 512b109ec962 or "xen: unplug the emulated devices at
resume time" anywhere, neither in qemu.org/master nor in the qemu-xen
trees. What am I missing?

Cheers,

Stefano