Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch v3 2/2] x86/microcode: Synchronize late microcode loading

>>> On 22.05.18 at 10:59, <chao.gao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you think it is acceptable that we just follow linux kernel at present
> and work out optimizations later?

In the worst case I could live with it, but I'd be far from happy if so. Sadly
experience (in general, not with you personally) has told me that if we let
things go in this way right now, there's a high risk that you'd never follow
up with the subsequent optimization of the process.

Furthermore, in Linux, was the decision to go the presented route really
taken with KVM and its possibly active guests in mind? Not to speak of
ordinary applications that may be latency sensitive.

Jan