Re: [Xen-devel] Mysterious one-off libvirt build failure

Ian Jackson writes ("Mysterious one-off libvirt build failure"):
> I am trying to commission some new test boxes.  One of my test flights
> experienced a weird build failure:
>

> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/123046/build-i386-libvirt/6.ts-libvirt-build.log
>
> For your convenience, log snippet below.  I think this is probably a
> make -j race in the libvirt build system.  I don't think it is a
> problem with the new test box.
>
> Should I try to report this to the libvirt list ?  I'm not really
> familiar with libvirt's build system so I'm not sure I would know
> where t6o start debugging it.

I reran this because I wanted to check that the box worked properly
with 32-bit userland.  And it failed the build again!

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/123096/build-i386-libvirt/6.ts-libvirt-build.log

So I think I have a reproducer for a build race in libvirt.  I will
write another email to the libvirt list.

Ian.