[Xen-devel] Developmentstatus for Xen with Ceph as replicated storage

Hi everybody,

in 2013 there was an announcment, that XenServer will fully support the
RBDs from Ceph, to use them as blockdevice for VMs (see
<https://ceph.com/geen-categorie/xenserver-support-for-rbd/>)

What is about Xen itself, how it is supported? I know that you can map
an RBD as device and use it for putting a VM-image on it. But this is a
"manual" process and thus not usable for cloud-servers with many VMs.

Anybody who has experiences with this or an other (working) option?

Using libvirt should work, but I don't get it running and a solution for
the XL-stack would be even better.

Thanks a lot,
--

kind regards,