Re: [Xen-devel] XSM in osstest, grub config, outstanding patch

Doug Goldstein writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] XSM in osstest, grub config,
outstanding patch"):
> So I believe the path forward here was that we'd bake the "default" XSM
> policy into Xen and the user could then override it by supplying one
> with the current name.

Can you explain why this is better than shipping the default policy
file separately (via xen's dist/install/boot/) ?

This is a genuine question - I'm not arguing for the current approach,
but we should consider the merits.  Normally, as a rule of thumb,
baking configuration into things makes people's lives harder.  In this
case, for example, maybe it makes it hard to find the default policy
to examine it, or harder to know what to call the replacement.

Ian.