Re: [Xen-devel] How to deal with hypercalls returning -EFAULT

Hi Juergen,

Sorry for the formatting.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 07:40 Juergen Gross, <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/06/18 18:25, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 13/06/18 16:27, Juergen Gross wrote:

Looking more into the privcmd driver I'm rather sure now I can solve
this via mmap() plus an ioctl(). So the kernel would allocate the
bounce buffers and map them into user space. This will require changes
only in libxencall without having to modify its external interface.

It looks like David Vrabel sent in 2016 a patch implementing that solution [1]. It seems it has not been merged. Do you have any insight why it was not merged?

Cheers,

[1] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-08/msg00743.html