Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] OVMF on PVH

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 12:24:35PM +0100, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> That replace a section of the OVMF binary called VarStore by that ELF
> header.  It's empty and libxl doesn't know how to use it. (QEMU/KVM would
> have a flash device loading the store, so it can be written to.)

Mostly notes for myself:
I've realize that moving the initial binary location might also move the
VarStore (depending on how OVMF build is configured). The VarStore
location is used later by OVMF, if that location looks like a VarStore
(there is a header) then OVMF use it, otherwise OVMF simply initialise
it.

Anyway, just a reminder that I need to pay attention to where it is, as
maybe someone is trying to use it on HVM.

--
Anthony PERARD