Re: [Xen-devel] seabios: import build fix for newer iasl

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 12:57:33PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SeaBIOS currently fails to build with newer versions of iasl due to:
>
>   Compiling IASL src/fw/ssdt-pcihp.hex
> out/src/fw/ssdt-pcihp.dsl.i      5: DefinitionBlock ("ssdt-pcihp.aml",
> "SSDT", 0x01, "BXPC", "BXSSDTPCIHP", 0x1)
> Error    6155 -
>      Invalid OEM Table ID ^  (Length cannot exceed 8 characters)
>
> This has already been fixed upstream by commit
> 8c3f57ea1217ea0c80a72898bc35baa0e14af0e0: "ssdt: Fix building of
> legacy acpi tables on current iasl compiler".
>
> Would it be possible to pick this commit into our branch, or
> alternatively switch Config.mk in unstable to use the master seabios
> git branch instead of rel-1.11.1?

I can switch Config.mk to track 1.11-stable for now and decide what to
do later when Xen is due to release -- it could be the case that
upstream will have released a new version of seabios by then.

At the end of the day, I would very much like to avoid deviating from
upstream.

Wei.