Re: [Xen-devel] Event monitoring support for PV guests

On 9/2/18 10:10 PM, Spencer Michaels wrote:
> I have found, however, that quite a few major debugging features ---
> chiefly,
> breakpoints and single-step mode --- do not appear to be supported for PV
> guests. Looking through the source of Xen itself seems to confirm this
> [1]. It
> looks like the root cause of this is a lack of event monitoring support
> for PV
> guests, however, I have not been able to find much information online about
> whether or not there are other ways to do what I want.

It is theoretically possible to add vm_event support for PV domains
(look up Aravindh Puthiyaparambil's series, for example).

I'm not sure how easy it is.

I assume you've already seen:

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Debugging_Xen
http://www-archive.xenproject.org/files/xensummit_intel09/xen-debugging.pdf