Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.10.x and PCI passthrough

Hello Roger,

Some weeks ago I tried a quite new version of Xen 4.10.2-pre (http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=a645331a9f4190e92ccf41a950bc4692f8904239) and the PCI card (LSI SAS HBA) using Windows 2012 R2 as a guest. Everything
works but only to the point where Windows reboots -> then the card is no
longer usable. If you destroy the domain and recreate the card again Did I miss something simple or should we analyze the problem again using
similar debug prints as before?
Not sure, but it doesn't look to me like this issue is related to the
one fixed by the patches mentioned above, I think this is a different
issue, and by the looks of it it's a toolstack issue.
Can you paste the output of `xl -vvv create <config.cfg>` and the
contents of the log that you will find in
/var/log/xen/xl-<domain-name>.log after you have attempted a reboot?

xl-domain.log is attached. From what I can see, the problem is that the card is deleted after domid 3 and not added back later. To confirm I ran "xl pci-list winsrv" during domid 3 and the card is shown. After Windows reboot (domid 4) "xl pci-list winsrv" gives an empty output.

Regards Andreas