Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Intel Z270 support

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 2:03 PM Aaron Gray wrote:
I have two ASUS PRIME Z270-A machines based on Intel Z270 chipset and am wondering about when support will be available for them and what I can do to speed this up.

But I have not done anything to do with kernel work since years ago when I read a lot of the main parts of the Linux 2.4 Kernel. Also I did code to get into and out of protected mode before this.

Heres the datasheets that cover the chipset :-

Regards,

Aaron

It's your Linux kernel that needs to support your hardware, not Xen itself.

I personally run Xen with an Arch Linux dom0 specifically for this purpose of getting the latest hardware support across my devices.  For example, I am on kernel 4.18.10 at this moment.  The AUR also keeps a fairly recent version of Xen, currently 4.11.

-E