Re: [Xen-devel] preparations for 4.11.1 and 4.8.5

Stewart Hildebrand writes ("RE: [Xen-devel] preparations for 4.11.1 and 4.8.5"):
> Are you still entertaining backports for 4.8.x?
> Also, are we interested in being able to build 4.8.x with newer gcc?

Many of these are tools things which fall in my bailiwick.

> If so, the following for xen 4.8.x:
> f49fa658    tools:misc:xenlockprof: fix possible format string overflow
> 796dea37    tools: include sys/sysmacros.h on Linux
> 7dc15bd7    tools: fix several "format-truncation" warnings with GCC 7
>
> And the following for qemu-xen 4.8.x:
> 6511713c    memfd: fix configure test
> e05274ac    blkdebug: Catch bs->exact_filename overflow
> 2d4685f6    blkverify: Catch bs->exact_filename overflow
> c089583e    usb: Fix build with newer gcc
> e8044943    slirp/smb: Replace constant strings by glib string

4.8 is still in security support, but general support ended in June
this year.  I think many of your suggested patches are security bugs
and I think I would prefer just to take them all than to nitpick which
I want.

Are these commitids from xen.git#master and the corresponding
qemu-xen.git branch ?

Thanks,
Ian.