Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 03/16] vgic: move pause_flags check out of vgic spinlock

On 28/11/2018 21:31, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> From: Andrii Anisov <andrii_anisov@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Pause_flags is not related to vgic spinlock, so reduce code
> under lock.

Well technically this code is plain wrong... If you receive an interrupt
routed to a vCPU down, then you will end up losing the interrupt forever.

So rather than moving it, we need to make the vGIC handling properly
interrupt routed to an offline/inexisting vCPU. If I am not mistaken,
the specs says that they should be queued until they are routed to
another vCPU or the vCPU comes up.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall