[Xen-devel] PVH Whitelist Results / Windows Dom0

We finally have a Linux PVH guest up and running (using an initramfs right now). I have posted a quick status update video on YouTube that shows our progress of getting a Windows Dom0 working (which is one of the many goals of our research).

As promised in the x86 Community Call, here is the list of things that a PVH Linux guest requires. You can see the code for this here:
and here:

I would love to put this information somewhere in Xen's project (i.e. wiki or source), but I am not sure what you would prefer. Any ideas?

Finally, keep in mind that we will likely keep adding to this list as we add more features (like front/back support, xenstore, etc...)

Thanks,
- Rian

CPUID:
- XEN_CPUID_LEAF(0)
- XEN_CPUID_LEAF(1)
- XEN_CPUID_LEAF(2)
- XEN_CPUID_LEAF(4)
- 0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x4, 0x6, 0x7, 0xA, 0xB, 0xD, 0xF, 0x10, 0x15, 0x16
- 0x80000000, 0x80000001, 0x80000002, 0x80000003, 0x80000004
- 0x80000007, 0x80000008

MSRs:
- Hypercall page (dynamic)
- ia32_star
- ia32_lstar
- ia32_cstar
- ia32_fmask
- ia32_kernel_gs_base
- ia32_pat
- ia32_efer
- ia32_fs_base
- ia32_gs_base
- ia32_sysenter_cs
- ia32_sysenter_eip
- ia32_sysenter_esp
- ia32_apic_base
- platform_info
- 0x34, 0x64E, 0x140, 0x1A0, 0x6e0

IO Ports (some of these are odd):
- 0xCF8 - 0xCFF
- 0x4D0 (odd since PIT and ACPI is disable for everything that might need this)
- 0x4D1
- 0x70
- 0x71
- 0x3FE (any ideas)?
- 0x42, 0x43, 0x61
- XEN_IOPORT_BASE (since QEMU is not used, why is this needed?)

Hypercalls:
- XENMEM_decrease_reservation
- XENMEM_add_to_physmap_handler
- XENMEM_memory_map_handler
- XENVER_get_features_handler
- GNTTABOP_query_size_handler
- GNTTABOP_set_version_handler
- EVTCHNOP_init_control_handler
- EVTCHNOP_expand_array_handler
- EVTCHNOP_alloc_unbound_handler
- EVTCHNOP_bind_ipi_handler
- EVTCHNOP_bind_virq_handler
- EVTCHNOP_bind_vcpu_handler
- EVTCHNOP_send_handler
- HVMOP_set_param_handler
- HVMOP_get_param_handler
- HVMOP_pagetable_dying_handler

Memory:
- Shared info page
- Start info struct (PVH)
- Initial GDT, IDT, TSS
- Command line page
- ACPI (FSDT, DSDT, MADT)
- xAPIC page
- Real-mode trampoline (this was weird)
- DMI, Video Bios, MP Table, and some legacy ROMs