Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 11:39 +0200, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> Hello Dario,

Hi,

> On 11.12.18 18:56, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > Also, what about Xen numbers, sched=null.
> Didn't check, will put on the list.

:-)

> > I don't expect much improvement, considering pinning is in-place
> > already.
> Actually, I faced a strange issue with explicit pinning of Dom0.
> Didn't sort out the cause yet. And Julien says it is not reproducible
> on his desk.

Ah, yes... I've seen the thread. I haven't commented, as it is really,
really weird, and I don't know what to think/say.

I think only bisection could shed some light on this. And it would be
wonderful if you could do that, but I understand that it takes time. :-
/

> But yes, with VCPU number less than PCPUs - there is no migration of
> Dom0 VCPUs.

Are you absolutely sure about that? That is, are you "just" assuming
the scheduler won't move stuff, or have you put some debugging or
printing in place to verify that to be the case?

I'm asking because, yet, in theory that is what one would expect. But,
as I think you know very well, although in theory there is no
difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is. :-)

Regards,
Dario