Re: [Xen-devel] HVM driver domains do not appear to be usable with stubdomains

Jason Andryuk <jandryuk@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> So if I understand correctly, the problem is that PCI passthrough
>> doesn't work with stubdomains, unless qemu is patched?
>
> Hi, Chris.
>
> I pulled in the QEMU patch because I found that my Intel wired
> ethernet device didn't work without it.  I believe my Intel wireless
> NIC did though.  Maybe it was the opposite... I should have documented
> it more.  However the device was passed-through - it just wasn't
> operational.
>
> What device is 0000:05:00.0?  Is it listed by `xl pci-assignable-list`?

Hi Jason,
0000:05:00.0 was an Intel wired ethernet device.  Yes it showed up
in xl pci-assignable-list.  In fact, my driver domain worked fine without
a stubdomain; the card was passed through and I had it passing traffic
with no problem at all.

-- Chris