Re: [Xen-devel] PVH and ACPI discussion

With the research we are doing using Bareflank, we set both of these flags and also tell Linux that almost all (but a small part) of the lower 1MB is free RAM to use as we don't emulate any of the legacy devices. From what we can tell so far, Linux seems to handle this fine without any complaints.

- Rian

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 8:44 AM Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 04.01.19 at 15:09, <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you agree however that PVH DomU could maybe use reduced hardware
> ACPI while Dom0 using whatever mode (reduced or not) is set by the
> native ACPI tables?

Yes, it's certainly worth exploring.

Jan