Re: [Xen-devel] xen-4.12~rc1 in ub1804: no vfb objects in pv domU, bug or feature?

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 02:15:52PM -0800, Pry Mar wrote:
> qemu build config:
> http://paste.debian.net/plain/1062777/
>
> domU startup trace:
> http://paste.debian.net/plain/1062768/
>
> This release uses qemu-3.0.0 which has a depends on libxentoolcore.
>
> In xen-4.11.1 with qemu-2.11.2 vfb objects (VNC) always worked in pv
> domU. Only now with qemu-3.x is it failing: the domU stops and closes.

VNC with a PV guest still works for me, so something else is going on.
The output of `xl -vvv` (domU startup trace) looks fine, beside the
error that say qemu didn't start.

Could you paste also the output of QEMU: at /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-debsid.log
(sorry, logs everywhere)

> I see they are patching tools/qemu-xen/configure here:
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-01/msg01696.html

That patch isn't important. It shouldn't change anything for the
qemu-system-* binaries, but things would changes for others, like
qemu-img, it wouldn't be linked to xen's libs anymore.

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD