Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable PVHdom0: Assertion 'IS_ALIGNED(dfn_x(dfn), (1ul << page_order))' failed at iommu.c:324

On 11/02/2019 14:16, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 08:36:54PM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Can you try with the following debug patch on top? This should print a
>>> message before hitting the assert, hopefully giving us more
>>> information.
>>>
>>> Roger.
>>
>> Sure, I was also missing a sync_console on the Xen cmdline,
>> serial log attached.
>
> Thanks, I've got another branch for you to try:
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/royger/xen.git fixes-4.12-v2.1
>
> Roger.

Hi Roger,

That boots as pvh dom0 and pvh guests also boot and work !

Hmm another thing that catched my eye now, is Xen relinquishing the
console to the linux kernel in the early kernel boot phase doesn't seem
to work. The screen stays black between Xen relinquishing the console
until a modesettings graphics card driver gets loaded later on, but you
will miss everything from the kernels early boot phase.
Probably because it is relying on something "legacy" which PVH doesn't
provide ?

--
Sander