Re: [Xen-devel] Xen (both x86 and Arm) Community Call: Feb 13 - 16:00 - 17:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items

>>> On 13.02.19 at 02:31, <persaur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 4. NVME passthrough performance: this is improved when VMEXITs are avoided
> by using "posted interrupts" [1] available on Broadwell and later Xeon
> processors or AWS nested hypervisor "metal" [2].  For commodity x86 CPUs
> which do not have posted interrupts, Linux [3] and Hyper-V [4] have used
> "hybrid polling" to achieve good I/O performance at the cost of CPU cycles.
> Is this applicable to Xen?

The number of references you make alone already suggest to me that
this is not a topic usefully discussed on a phone call. May I suggest to
use the mailing list for topics requiring a lot of context?

Jan