Re: [Xen-devel] xen/evtchn and forced threaded irq

On 2/22/19 3:33 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi,

On 22/02/2019 12:38, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
On 2/20/19 10:46 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
Discussing with my team, a solution that came up would be to introduce one atomic field per event to record the number of event received. I will explore that solution tomorrow.
How will this help if events have some payload?

What payload? The event channel does not carry any payload. It only notify you that something happen. Then this is up to the user to decide what to you with it.
Sorry, I was probably not precise enough. I mean that an event might have
associated payload in the ring buffer, for example [1]. So, counting events
may help somehow, but the ring's data may still be lost

Cheers,

[1] https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=xen/include/public/io/displif.h;h=cc5de9cb1f35dedc99c866d73d086b19e496852a;hb=HEAD#l756