Re: [Xen-devel] Commit 16cc3362aed39e3093419b9df6ec73269071d063 configure failure

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 01:24:06PM +0200, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Commit "build/m4: make python_devel.m4 work with both python 2 and 3" makes
> my configure run fail, at least on my Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS machine.
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=16cc3362aed39e3093419b9df6ec73269071d063
>
> checking for python-config... /usr/bin/python-config
> checking Python.h usability... yes
> checking Python.h presence... yes
> checking for Python.h... yes
> checking for PyArg_ParseTuple... no
> configure: error: Unable to find a suitable python development library
> configure: error: ./configure failed for tools
>
> Checking out the commit below it, configure works. I've been looking at
> possibly installing some additional Python-related package on that machine
> but so far nothing I could think of seems to be doing the trick.
>
> Of course, if Xen's no longer supposed to build on setups such as mine then
> sorry for the noise.

Yeah I'm aware of the failure. Thanks for reporting.

You're supposed to install python-dev now, but that still won't resolve
the issue.  I think there is a subtle difference between Debian and
Ubuntu. I will try to fix it today.

Wei.