Re: [Xen-devel] xen source configured with --enable-systemd installs xencommons

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 03:26:13PM +0000, Mathieu Tarral wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I found a small issue today in Xen's build system.
>
> When you configure the build with --enable-systemd, and generate
> a debian package with make debball, the xencommons init script
> will be installed alongside the new systemd service units.
>
> The problem is that it is not supposed to be enabled as it conflicts with
> xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service.
>
> -> Should we install xencommons in a systemd installation, even though we are
> not supposed to use it ?

After surveying how various Linux distros package Xen, I think shipping
sysv scripts poses no harm and has the advantage of allowing users to
switch between different init systems at runtime.

(Obviously the system needs to be configured properly to not use both at
the same time.)

Wei.