[Xen-devel] Xen commit 9b0bc91b3 possibly removed too much info from README

Firstly, want to say how happy I was to see the reliance on Python2 go,
not least, as a Linux From Scratch builder, where Python3 is now part
of the "core OS", one doesn't have to also install Python2, however,

I grabbed your master branch last night (cb70a26) to try things out and
still fell foul of a "need to define PYTHON" at the tools/configure stage.

My issue is resulting from the fact that Python3 has only been installed as
"python3", whereas the configure script in the tools directory appears to
be looking for a bare "python".

Now, the relevant text in the old README used to say

--8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--
Note that the build system expects `python` to be python2.  If your system
has `python` pointing to python3 (as in the case of Arch Linux or Anaconda),
you'll need to specify a path to a python2 binary when running configure:

     PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 ./configure

but it strikes me that some systems may only have an explicitly named
python3, in which case, it might have been better to not have completely
removed the "how to define your local PYTHON" paragraph, but to have
re-worded it to note that if only have python3 (or perhaps don't have a
bare pythin) then you'll need to explicitly define it at the configure stage
and to show how it's done.

Hoping that's useful,
Kevin