Re: [Xen-devel] Arm boot regression with Xen 4.12

On 17/04/2019 09:02, Amit Tomer wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 5:05 PM Amit Tomer <amittomer25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am wondering if you had time to bisect the issue?

We are releasing Xen 4.12 soon so we need to make the decision whether this
should be fixed after (and backport it) or before.

Don't see this crash if I chose to have different load addresses(Load
kernel at 2 MB aligned address).
For instance, using

"setenv xen_addr_r 0x40480000 ;setenv fdt_addr_r 0x43000000;setenv
kernel_addr_r 0x41000000"
  instead of
"setenv xen_addr_r 0x42000000 ;setenv fdt_addr_r 0x43000000;setenv
kernel_addr_r 0x40480000"

Glad to hear that you manage to boot Xen with a different load address. I would still like to understand what is the exact issue as this may be a bug in Xen.

On IRC, you mention the offending commit is f60658c6ae "xen/arm: Stop relocating Xen". You also pointed out that init_heap_pages was call with a NULL page.

Did you find out why it is NULL? What was the MFN looked up?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall