Re: [Xen-devel] [livepatch-build-tools part2 4/6] livepatch-build: detect special section group sizes

On 4/25/19 5:53 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:07:14PM +0000, Pawel Wieczorkiewicz wrote:
Hard-coding the special section group sizes is unreliable. Instead,
determine them dynamically by finding the related struct definitions
in the DWARF metadata.

This is a livepatch backport of kpatch upstream commit [1]:
kpatch-build: detect special section group sizes 170449847136a48b19fc

Xen only deals with alt_instr, bug_frame and exception_table_entry
structures, so sizes of these structers are obtained from xen-syms.

This change is needed since with recent Xen the alt_instr structure
has changed size from 12 to 14 bytes.

Oh this is so much better than the "solution" we coded.

Thank you!

Ross, will commit to repo unless you have concerns..
I have reviewed it with a few comments. Note that this is basically the same as Glenn Enright's recent patch ("livepatch-build-tools: Detect special section group sizes") but slightly more complete as it detects sizes for the bug frames too so it should probably be used instead.

Thanks,
--
Ross Lagerwall