Re: [Xen-devel] linux 4.19 xenstore memory allocation failure Re: [linux-4.19 test] 135420: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 30.04.19 at 15:02, <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ISTM that there are *two* bugs here:
>
>  1. Whatever caused the memory allocation failure

An order-5 allocation is set to fail at any time (afaict). I find it
surprising that struct blkfront_ring_info instances (even arrays
of them when using multiple rings) get allocated using kcalloc()
rather than kvcalloc(), considering the size of the structure
(0x140E0 according to the disassembly of the 5.0.1 driver I
had to hand).

>  2. That a memory allocation failure can cause permanent loss of a
>      xenstore watch event

Well, isn't it sort of expected that an allocation failure will lead
to further problems?

Jan