Re: [Xen-devel] [VOTE] tagging for operational messages sent to xen-devel@ (was Re: Xen 4.13 Development Update)

Hi all,

I almost dropped this: apologies. With the votes in, we have a clear winner for
[ANNOUNCE] over the other options

ANNOUNCE        1       2       2
OPERATIONS      -1      -1      1
PROCESS 0       0       -2

Lars

On 26/04/2019, 03:50, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >>> On 25.04.19 at 18:36, <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Alright,
    >
    > there was a lengthy discussion on this topic on IRC - log attached. The
    > consensus appears to be to use Canonical messages with a CAPITALISED tag.
    > E.g. "[TAG] Xen 4.13 Development Update".
    >
    > The options which seemed to have least objections are
    > 1: [ANNOUNCE]

    +1

    If mails to xen-announce really get reflected to xen-devel (I didn't
    know this, and hence would have pointlessly sent stable release
    announcements to both lists), then preferably with the tag
    getting added in the process of reflecting.

    > 2: [OPERATIONS]

    -1

    > 3: [PROCESS]

    0