Re: [Xen-devel] {xen, dom0}_vga_console_info.u.vesa_lfb.lfb_base field too small

>>> On 06.05.19 at 12:29, <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW another problem I have on this machine is the framebuffer size. It's
> 3840 x 2160, which is larger than max resolution hardcoded in
> drivers/video/lfb.c (1920 x 1200). efi_find_gop_mode() chooses the
> largest one, ignoring this limit. On one hand, it should take the limit
> into account, but on another, increasing the limit looks quite harmless
> (other than the console is quite slow) and not changing the mode during
> boot looks better.

Iirc in a prior discussion we had decided to drop the limit altogether
(and in fact all the MAX_* values living there), as there was nothing
found actually requiring there to be a limit. This probably was in the
context of some (perhaps draft / RFC) patch, so I'd guess whoever
it was then lost interest and didn't send a full patch as agreed upon
during that discussion.

Jan