Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.12.0-rc Hangs Around masked ExtINT on CPU#

On 5/27/2019 9:18 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 05:27:34PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
IMO it would be better if you can build directly from the upstream git
repository [0], that way you could use git-bisect(1) in order to figure
out which commit broke your system. For example:

# git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
# cd xen
# git checkout RELEASE-4.7.0
# make xen -j8

That should give you a set of Xen binaries in the xen/ directory, IIRC
you are booting from EFI so you likely need xen/xen.efi.

If that works, then you can test RELEASE-4.8.0 and if that fails to
boot you should have a range of commits that you can bisect in order
to find the culprit.
FWIW, I've been unable to find a box with the same CPU model (C2750)
that you are using. I've found a couple of old Atom boxes using
different CPUs but they all seem to boot fine using latest
xen-unstable. I've looked on eBay for that CPU but everything
containing it is server-grade and >200$ which I'm sadly not going to
pay.

Unless you are able to bisect the tree and give us the bad commit
that's causing your issues I'm afraid at least myself I won't be able
to progress this any further, sorry.

Roger.
I attempted to work backwards and ran into a nightmare with Gentoo.   I kept
getting compiler errors which I suspect was a result of having a newer version
of GCC and other things.  It's not an easy thing to travel
back in time in Gentoo because everything keeps getting upgraded.  I just
cannot make the time now to unravel this as I have some demands on my time
and will be engaged for the next four to six weeks.

How much would it cost for you to obtain the machine you need? I may
consider paying for it. I bought this Atom server just to economically run
Xen so the machine has marginal value to me if I cannot run Xen on it.

John