Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Project Community Call June 27th (instead of July 4th): @15:00 UTC Call for agenda items

Hi Rich,

On 6/25/19 8:38 PM, Rich Persaud wrote:
On Jun 25, 2019, at 12:36, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all:
please add your agenda items. I had only ONE series which was highlighted as
needing attention from others. Is this seriously the only one?

Proposed agenda item: in the absence of Jira tickets, would it be useful to
have a list (e.g. generated by a script) with the lifecycle status of all
outstanding patch series, e.g.

METADATA

- bug fix / improvement / refactor / cleanup / new feature
- impacted Xen subsystems/components/features
- targeted version of Xen
- contributing person/org
- relevance of patch series to the goals set by RM for the next Xen release
- related patch series (with below status info)

STATUS:

- patch series version
- date of patch series v1
- no responses received + ping count + days since submission + days since ping
- reviewed with objections
- reviewed without objections, awaiting ack
- acked, awaiting merge

 From such a summary, patch series could be prioritized for review/triage in
the community call, based on uniform criteria and project-wide context.

While I think raising awareness of the stuck series is a good idea. I still have some concern regarding the prioritization. Who is going to consume the result of the discussion? Is it the maintainers?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall